Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Seven Year's War (1756-1763)

While the presentation for the Seven Year's War has not been completed, I have managed to learn a few things from their thesis. If I am correct, the thesis should have been "The ties between the mother country and the colonies was strained because of the compelling movement towards colonial independence, which involved social, economic, and political issues. The British Colonial government neglected to the needs of the American colonies, by imposing taxes, resulting in several colonial rebellions." This long thesis is find, and it summarizes pretty accurately what I wanted to hear. When we got past that small obstacle, I learned about the different countries that participated and why it was also called " The French and Indian War". It also got me to ask myself, " Why was this not considered to be a World War?" I found it strange since even Africa and Russia was involved in the war.
In the name of knowledge, I present to you a primary source about this particular war: http://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-by-era/thirteen-colonies/resources/state-English-colonies-1755

No comments:

Post a Comment