Monday, October 15, 2012

James Madison

As a young man, I was in the Virginia Legislature under the watchful eye of Thomas Jefferson, at the time I had worked with Baptist ministers in order to allow them to operate without a license of the Anglican Church. This helped me establish my beliefs about religious tolerance in the United States Constitution.Madison was elected a second time to the Virginia House of Delegates, serving from 1784 to 1786 in the new years of independence. During these final years in the House of Delegates, I grew increasingly frustrated with what he saw as excessive democracy. I criticized the tendency for delegates to cater to the particular interests of their constituents, even if such interests were destructive to the state at large. In particular, I was troubled by a law that denied diplomatic immunity to ambassadors from other countries, and a law that legalized paper money. To replace the Articles of Confederation, I contributed tot the United States Constitution, while I heavily supported the Federalists, I was able to rise and become the Fourth President of the United States. But don't rely on this cruddy biography, go and watch the video above! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment